Following on from a successful 10th Anniversary Tournament back in April 2023, the Social Media Open returns for their 11th Annual Tournament from Tuesday 23rd to Friday 26th April 2024. The golf course venues this time around will be Ballybunion Old, Tralee Golf Links, Dooks Golf Links, and new venue Dingle Golf Links.
The Tournament has visited courses including Mount Juliet, Castlemartyr, Adare, Old Head, Doonbeg, Ballybunion Old & Cashen, Tralee and Dooks over the years and we will continue to tradition of hosting the Event at some of Ireland’s finest courses in 2024. Enter your Team HERE!
Day 1 of The Social Media Open 2024 will take place at Ballybunion Old and Tralee Golf Links on Tuesday 23rd April. These amazing Links Courses bring golfers in from all over the World every year and this will again be the case for our Teams in 2024.
Day 2 of The Social Media Open 2024 will be hosted at Dooks Golf Links and Ballybunion Old with the field split between these 2 lovely Links on Wednesday 24th April.
Moving Day of The Social Media Open 2024 will take golfers to Tralee Golf Links and Dingle Golf Links on Thursday 25th April 2024.
The Final Day’s play will see our teams take on the challenge of Dooks Golf Links and Dingle Golf Links on Friday 26th April 2024 with the majority of the golfers returning to Killarney that evening for our Prize Giving Dinner.
The format of the Tournament will follow the same setup as in previous years.
- Par 4s & Par 5s: Both players tee off and pick one tee shot, from this spot both players then play their own ball from there. The first player to play will be the player whose tee shot is chosen (Play as Lie depending on the Local Rules on the day), the 2nd player may then place their ball within a scorecard not nearer the hole.
- Par 3s: Both players play their own ball for the duration of the hole
- Scoring – Team of 2 with both scores on holes 9 & 18 and 1 score to count on the other holes each (3/4 Handicaps apply)
The Tournament packages are as follows, all packages includes 4 Rounds of Golf, Goody Bag and Final Day Dinner for those on 4/5 night Play & Stay Packages. There is space for 112 golfers (56 Teams) on the 1st running order – Ballybunion Old, Dingle, Tralee & Dooks – while the final 108 golfers (54 Teams) to enter will start at Tralee Golf Links, then onto Ballybunion Old, followed by Dooks & Dingle Golf Links.
- Golf Only – €649 per person / €1,298 per Team of 2
- Play & Stay 3 nights – €869 per person sharing / €1,738 per Team of 2
- Play & Stay 4 nights – €999 per person sharing / €1,998 per Team of 2 (includes Final Day Dinner)
- Play & Stay 5 nights – €1,099 per person sharing / €2,198 per Team of 2 (includes Final Day Dinner)
Other Packages available on Request – Contact Us for details.
Along with the great golf and awesome accommodation there will hopefully be some “social gatherings” organised over the course of the few days, always something to look forward to post-round! We are looking forward to another great few days of golf & craic in the South West of Ireland and hope you can join us next April!